Why should you hire a life coach? If you missed my previous blog post, you can find it HERE. We talked about how a coach can help you establish boundaries, expectations, critical time-management strategies, communication techniques, and business and marketing plans—all toward your goal of being a successful mompreneur. If you’re still not convinced… stick around—the day is young—and these next five points really dig into some of the biggest issues we face as moms in the marketplace.
Let’s dive right into our next five reasons to hire a life coach:
6. Focus. Now I know that may sound simple, but mompreneurs are notorious for virtually bursting at the seams with creativity, great ideas, ambition, and passion. So often we are running as hard as we can, working as many hours as possible. Many times we do not get adequate rest or we’re not really spending quality time with our family. So while we’re working so hard at our business, without some external focus to keep us rooted and grounded in our goals, becoming frazzled, overwhelmed, or even stuck are very real dangers. Having that outsider’s perspective is key, and sometimes it can be just the thing you need to help you stop spinning your wheels and get you moving forward again.
7. Get out of your own way. I mentioned being stuck, right? So many of us have hang-ups when it comes to being able to really “sell” ourselves or our businesses. We may pay money to advertise in a magazine or directory, but when it comes to face-to-face contact, we often allow that to become a wedge that can stall our progress in a major way. A life coach can help you get out of your own way and back on the path toward business development, growth and success.
8. Commitment. I know some of you are probably groaning right now. Please hear me out. We all struggle with this to some degree or another. It’s the allure of the “next new thing,” isn’t it? We get interested, we get started… and then some other bright, shiny object comes along and all of a sudden we’re not as committed as we thought we were. Well, if you’re going to be a real, true, honest-to-goodness business owner, you are going to need some stickiness. So what a coach can do is help you practice making commitments and sticking to them by providing accountability, something that is often lacking in our adult lives, but also something that can take us to that next level when it comes to being a successful business owner and mompreneur.
9. Celebrate. Who doesn’t love to celebrate, right? As a coach, I am here to sing your praises, to shout, “Woohoo!” and to cheer you on when you do a good job. Often we just do not get enough acknowledgement from those who are closest to us. We, as mompreneurs, need to hear that we are being successful along the way. A life coach will celebrate those successes with you, and train you to recognize them yourself. I promise that will be the thing that helps lift you up when times get tough.
10. Accept the path you are on. One of the things I believe strongly in is that wherever you are is where you need to be. You know exactly what you need to know. You are having exactly the experience you need right now—tough as it may be—in order to get you to that next place down the road. A coach—and this is one of my favorite things I do as a coach—can help you see that whatever you are going through is actually the perfect next step for where you are headed. Knowing that is such a support and really a firm foundation on which to build your business.
I hope this has been helpful to you. If you have been thinking about whether a life coach might be right for you, these are some really great points to ponder.
I love hearing from you! What about you—have you worked with a life coach? What has been your experience? Have you evaluated these points in your own life?