Blog

Lara's blog is full of great ideas, straight from real coaching appointments!

Smartphones Make Women Smarter

09 May

Metro Detroit women without a smartphone – this event is for you. Have you been resisting giving up your basic phone because smartphones seem too overwhelming? Or, are you ready to kick your basic phone to the curb but haven’t had time to find the best smartphone for you? If either of those scenarios sound familiar, keep reading. Especially since we’ve got a special offer for 25 local women to try out a smartphone for 30 days–for FREE!

I’m a HUGE advocate for women (especially those who run businesses while running a family) to use cool, easy tech to save time, money, effort and hassle. I’m NOT one of those people who has to have all the latest and greatest tech gadgets just because. Instead, I always look for tech tools that make sense for a busy mom entrepreneur like me.

Live Learning & Sharing Event

That’s why I’ve partnered with Verizon Wireless to host an interactive smartphone session on May 30 from 7-9 p.m. to help local Michigan moms see the awesomeness that smartphones are.

I held out buying my first smartphone until February last year. I was hung up on the cost and was worried that everyone just wanted one because it was the “in thing” among us moms. Um, wrong!

Sure, my iPhone is cool and all, but it’s what this palm-sized super hero does for me that makes me such a fan.

Smartphone = Freedom

Here are just a few of the things my smartphone has replaced, if not permanently, then at least when I’m on the go, giving me an amazing sense of freedom and flexibility to manage my life and my businesses, run my household and keep my kids happy) :

(telephone, computer, radio, DVD player,movies, flashlight, to do list, alarm clock, grocery list, photo albums, business check book, post it notes, coloring books, scanner, calendar, books, board games)

I traded that pile above for this:

Who can argue with that? With your smartphone, you have an enormous amount of power right at your fingertips. You’ll be more organized, more in control of your to-do’s and your time, and have a much lighter load to carry.

I’m inviting 25 Metro Detroit women to join us at a one-time special “Get Smart” session on Wednesday, May 30th at the Verizon Wireless store located at:

3035 S. Rochester Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307

At this event, you will have the opportunity to:

• Check out some of the hottest new Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphones.
  • Learn from me exactly how I use my smartphone to solve everyday business problems, stay connected with my team, make my kids smarter and my husband love me :-).
  • Learn from Verizon Wireless data reps how to operate the phones–easy peasy.
  • Discover all the cool apps to use for work, family and fun. You won’t believe all your smartphone can do with these!
  • Ask me and the Verizon Wireless data folks questions anything you want to know about using a smartphone.

Food and drinks will be provided.

The best part? You’ll walk away from the event with a 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless to trial for free for 30 days to see firsthand how a smartphone truly makes a difference in your life.

Attend and Get Your Trial Smartphone

Space is limited to 25 attendees. Want a chance to try out a top-of-the-line smartphone for free and learn how to use it? Great! Apply to attend by commenting below. Make sure you give us your name and email address so we can get in touch with you to confirm your attendance. Then tell us which basic phone you’re currently using and what you hope to get out of the event.

Please note – this event will be specifically tailored to women who do not currently have smartphones and will not be beneficial to those who do. Please do not apply to attend if you already have one. Instead, send one of your friends who you know needs a smartphone! Moms don’t let their mom friends struggle, right?

We will notify attendees via email.

What You Need to Do

So to re-cap:

• Leave a comment below with your name, email, the type of basic phone you’re currently using and what you expect from attending this event.
  • Grab a friend who needs to get herself a smartphone and have her apply to attend, too!
  • Mark your calendar for Wednesday, May 30, from 7-9pm to come listen, learn, chill out with some other cool women.
  • Get a brand-spanking new smartphone set up and ready to go at the event.
  • Take home your very own Verizon smartphone to try out for 30 days for FREE!

Questions? I’m happy to answer them. Just email me directly – lara@mombizcoach.com.

I am grateful that Verizon Wireless is helping me spread the message about how smartphones help women entrepreneurs. Although they are compensating me for my time, my desire to work with them on this initiative comes from my being a longtime Verizon customer who swears she could make it on a deserted island as long as her iPhone could connect to a cell tower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

34 Responses to “Smartphones Make Women Smarter”

1. DeborahEdwards-Onoro May 9, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

This sounds wonderful Lara! Wish I could attend the event, but I’ll be attending a conference that day.

2. Lara Galloway May 9, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

Aw, shucks, Deborah! But enjoy your conference. Perhaps you know a friend you could refer? It’s such a great opportunity. My iPhone has seriously changed the way I run my business and my household. Thanks for stopping by!

3. Laura Rolands May 10, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

Hoping my friend Trisha applies – this would be great for her!!

4. Lara Galloway May 10, 2012 at 11:58 pm #

Wonderful! I hope so too. Please tell her to apply! We can only accept 25 women who get to take home a free smartphone to trial for 30 days! Thanks so much, Laura.

5. Lara Galloway May 15, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

{Due to our computers not playing nicely with each other, I’m having to post this comment from reader, Megan Farrugia, who wants to attend the event. Megan was awesome enough to let me know via Facebook that she has been trying to post her application for this event. Her note is below, and I’m looking forward to meeting her at the event! ~ Lara}

Hello –

My friend, Amy Totonchi, referred me to this site. I
    am a single mom with a full time job and have been dragging my feet in
    regard to a smartphone for all of the usual reasons… Do I really need
    one? How much more will the plan cost? Will I even use most of the
    features? I think this event may help me understand the benefits of a
    smartphone and if they are worth the additional cost associated with a
    data plan.

Thank you! Megan Farrugia

meegs22@hotmail.com
    Current phone: Samsung Intensity II

6. Jennifer P. May 15, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

Jennifer Peterson
    mottsthecat@yahoo.com
    I have a Samsung multimedia ??? through Verizon.  I don’t even know what kind of phone I currently have.
    I have been on the fence about a smartphone for the past two months.  Megan F. summed up my feelings.  Will I use the functions enough to justify the cost AND the data plan?  Do I REALLY need a new phone?  Another reason I have considered a smartphone is to feel like I’m taking one huge tech step forward.

7. Lara Galloway May 16, 2012 at 7:02 am #

Jen and Megan–

This is the perfect event for you. I had the exact same questions last year before I purchased my smartphone. I have never been one to want something “just because everyone else has it.” I figured that since I run a business online, having a little mini-computer (smartphone) in my hand would probably make things easier. **Understatement of the year!!**

Can’t wait to see you both at the event on May 30th!

8. Deborah Chesney May 16, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Deborah Chesney  chesneyd1@yahoo.com  I currently have a verizon LG, I think its called an Envy.  My contract on this phone with verizon will expire this month so this is perfect timing for a possible new phone ….maybe a smart phone.  Would love to attend on may 30th.
    @yahoo:disqus

9. Lara Galloway May 16, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Awesome! This does indeed sound like The perfect timing for you, Deborah! See you there.

10. Pat May 23, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Pat Marsalese, email:  pat@patmarsalese.com  I currently have a regular Verizon Samsung cell phone.

11. Lara Galloway May 23, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Hey there, Pat! Please mark your calendar and plan to join us on the 30th! We’ll share the ins and outs of smartphones and get you set up with a trial phone to see for yourself whether it’s for you. There are still spots available, so invite a friend to sign up with you! See you then.

12. Shannon May 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Would love to trial….
    Shannon Behnke
    shanni1010@msn.com
    Droid X
    Want to learn more about trustworthy apps to make project management more efficient

13. Julie-walters May 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

julie-walters@comcast:disqus .net

I have a Samsung model from T Mobile.
    Do we have to attend the whole presentation?  I have a 7:00 PTO meeting but I could be there afterwards.

14. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Great, Shannon! We still have room for you. Please watch your email for a follow up message from me with the details. See you tonight at 7pm!

15. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

Hi Julie–

We know how moms have lots of places to be at once, so come when you can. You will miss my presentation of how I use some of my favorite apps, but I will be on hand the whole evening (along with the Verizon reps) to help you get set up on your trial phone and answer any questions you have. Please watch for an email from me confirming the details. See you tonight!

16. Krista Rospierski May 30, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Krista Rospierski – silver8dollar@yahoo.com I currently have a Verizon LG touch with no Internet. I would love to try this promo out and simplify my crazy schedule.

17. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Hey Krista! We’d love to have you. My smartphone is totally the solution to simplicity in my life these days as a crazy mompreneur. I’m glad you’re interested in trying out a phone tonight. Please watch your email–I’m going to send you some details. And I’ll see you tonight!

18. Kelly Burks May 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Kelly Burks – kelly.burks@gmail.com I have a very old motorola krzr. My contract with verizon is up and I want to upgrade but I’m not sure what smartphone is right for me. This would be great to try one out for a while.

19. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm #

Wonderful, Kelly! Sounds like the timing of this event is perfect for you. Please watch your email for a follow up with details from me. See you tonight!

20. Pauline May 30, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

P1mcea@wideopenwest.com. I currently have Verizon service on a phone without the frills. I would like to attend. Pauline

21. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 1:56 pm #

Great, Pauline. We’ll reserve a smartphone with your name on it. Please watch your email for some details from me. See you tonight at 7!

22. Gcarr8610 May 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

My name is Sandy Carr. My email is gcarr8610@wowway.com.  I currently have a Verizon LG Cosmos with no data plan.  I would love the chance to try a smartphone and learn about them.  Is there still room at this event?

23. Teisha May 30, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

I didn’t leave what type of phone I have…it is a LG no frills phone through Verizon…Teisha

24. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

Hi Teisha! Thanks for that. We look forward to seeing you tonight at 7pm! I’ll email you some details shortly.

25. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Hi Sandy! Yes, there’s still room to attend the event tonight and get a smartphone to trial for the month of June. I’ll email you some details shortly. Thanks and see you soon!

26. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

Hi Katie–We’d love to have you. Please come as soon as you can get there. I will be there with the Verizon folks answering any questions you have and helping you get set up on your trial phone. See you soon!

27. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

Hi Rebecca–We can definitely answer those questions for you at the event tonight. Please watch for an email from me, and we will plan to see you tonight at 7pm!

28. Gretchen Chirco May 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Gretchen Chirco GGChirco@yahoo I currently have a basic LG I think it is called the Envy. My contract is up very soon, and I would love some more information on possibly transitioning to a smart phone.

29. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

Hi Gretchen! Like so many others coming tonight, sounds like the timing of this event is good for you. Please plan on seeing us tonight at 7!

30. Tate10 May 30, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Just saw this post .. look like you are over your 25 spots! Keep me in mind for your next event. Thanks Stephanie Montgomery – tate10@yahoo.com

31. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Come on down Tate! We will fit you in. Hurry!!

32. kim May 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

Kim Shadlak k4shad@comcast.net have cosmos I think.. Looking forward to trying the smart phone.

33. Lara Galloway May 30, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

Great, Kim! We will see you soon!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Verizon: Looking for Metro Detroit women to try a smartphone FREE for 30 days! (Rochester Hills on May 30) — Bargains to Bounty - May 30, 2012

[...] a local event in Rochester Hills, Michigan TONIGHT at 7 pm – and there are still openings! Lara of Mom Biz Coach is inviting 25 Metro Detroit women to join a one-time special “Get Smart” session on Wednesday, [...]