I know you’re busier than ever now that summer’s here. You’re the party-planner, play date coordinator, your children’s favorite toy, the vacation organizer, and a zillion other roles on top of your usual routine of wife, mother and business owner.
Some of the mom entrepreneurs I coach have been feeling a little overwhelmed trying to get it all done. I’ve had some panicky moments myself, due to the fact that my family’s travel season is in high gear and I’ve already taken three weeks off of work. I have even more planned :).
The only way I can enjoy my time off with my family is to remember that I am not the only one who can do some parts of my job. If we mom entrepreneurs are going to successfully run a business while also thoroughly enjoying the freedom and flexibility that mompreneurship provides, we have to delegate.
- Here are a few of the things I have successfully delegated for the summer (and beyond):
- Setting up my QuickBooks and making sure my bookkeeping is in order so tax time is easy this year
- Getting a marketing strategy and marketing plan in place
- Creating a press kit to help me be “media-ready” for some fantastic speaking opportunities and TV appearances
- Vetting and gathering information for each of my guest experts in the WoMEN: What Mom Entrepreneurs Need Teleseminar Series
- Loading new info products into my shopping cart
Can you hear me breathing a sigh of relief over here? I am grateful to the team of mompreneurs who support me in my business. They do what they do much better than I do, and I get to focus on the parts of my business that only I can do. AND I get to get away from my work and spend my precious time with my family, making memories that I know will last a lifetime.
Take a look at your calendar or your to-do list right now. What is ONE THING on your list that must be done, but that someone else could do for you?
Do you need a recommendation for a VA (virtual assistant) who could help you get some things off your plate? I work with several and can highly recommend them. Leave a comment below if you’d like details.