Hey there everyone! This is Rebecca Buscemi, the business manager of The Mom Biz Coach. I’ve stepped in for a few days to fill you in with all of the fantastic information and tips that Lara is picking up as she is having a blast both participating and speaking at the 2010 EVO conference. So here is some of the wonderful information that she wanted me to share with you.
- “Loving what you do is irresistible.”
- “If you make a promise to yourself and keep it, it builds integrity.”
- “Why is it that givers don’t get paid? Because we think it’s mean to want to get paid?” Wow! Thought-provoking Question!
- “Know your value, and get a clear mindset on diff between helping & doing. Get PAID for the work you do!”
- Mompreneurs–re: outsourcing: “If anybody can do it, then let anybody do it.”
- “Knowing where you’re going is irresistibly attractive.
- “There is no “working for free”…it’s called “volunteering”
- Warning=strong language: “Don’t be a business slut. If U give away the milk 4free, no one wants to buy your cow.”
- “A job-business: a business entirely dependent upon one or two people (can’t survive when you’re not there).”
- “Jobbie: a hobby disguised as a job or business.”
- @caroljsroth pointed out all the hobbies that COST $ rather than MAKE $. Depends on goals!
- “A bona-fide business: a business not dependent upon any one person for its success and longevity.”
And from @ghennipher:
- She shared the findings from a study on how we use social media: find people, invite others to join your network, manage access to your network, connect people to your networks, manage relationships across these networks, collaborate and share content
- Here are some tools that she recommended to begin to build a social media customer relationship strategy:
- Trackur.com helps you see what positive and negative things are being said about you online
- Klout.com tracks you and all your comments and gives you feedback/score on certain metrics
- Postrank.com is another tool for metrics and analytics to monitor how ppl feel about you online
- Socialmention.com tracks what people are saying about you
- wrapleaf.com tells you about your customers’ interests, if/where they’re active on social media.
And a few last miscellanious things that I thought were cool to share:
- Oh goodness. This might be another new favorite tool of mine: addictomatic.com Try it! via @centsiblelife (cool new #EVOconf friend 🙂
- It’s irresistible to do work you love and be successful on your own terms. Yeah. That’s mine! #EVOConf (Lara’s quote)
- Many mompreneurs I know have a “job-business”–they’re working more hours for less $ than they did when they worked for someone else.
- Networking: check out this amazing “SMS Biz Card” service from contxts.com. I’m going to use it today!
- “Showing genuine vulnerability is better than false strength.” (via @skinnyjeans at #EVOconf).
Lara has also promised to upload some videos that she taken at the conference to her Facebook Business Page. So makes sure you check it out over the weekend: The Mom Biz Coach on Facebook