If you feel like youâ€™re constantly juggling motherhood and running a business, itâ€™s time to take a hard look at how you spend your time. And in the interest of brevity, I’m making this post just a list of bullet points. If you’d like to hear a little more detail on my suggestions, you can tune into my Audio Blog on the Mom Biz Coach Radio Show by clicking here.
10 Time Management Tips for Mompreneurs
- Create a schedule for Monday through Friday.
- Create blocks or â€œchunksâ€ of time in each day.
- Make appointments for yourself in your calendar (such as Google calendar) just as you would schedule meetings you have with other people.
- Buy a kitchen timerâ€”Set it for a specific amount of time to accomplish a certain task. Stop doing the task when your time is up and move to the next task in your schedule.
- Consider when you feel most energized, and when you need to slow down or take breaks. Create your schedule for the day accordingly.
- Do HPAs (High Pay-off Actions–the ones that give you the most bang for your buck) in the morning.
- Alternate between mental focus and physical movement.
- Include your household tasks as part of your dayâ€”laundry, grocery shopping, meal planning and prep, signing papers, doing homework with children.
- Develop a routine with your children so they know what to expect and are prepared for it each day.
- Get the hard stuff out of the way, and then give yourself a reward (take a healthy snack break, take a walk, do a yoga class, read a magazine, call a friend to chat. If you enjoy reading email, surfing the web, browsing around twitter and facebook but feel these things take up too much of your time, give yourself 15 minutes of one of these as a reward after doing your tough tasks/HPAs a couple times per day)
Got some tips of your own to share? Please leave a comment!